When arriving at The Veranda, please be aware all entering the building are required to bring their own masks. Masks must be appropriately worn, covering both the mouth and nose. We realize masks are in short supply. If you do not have your own purchased or hand-made mask, we will be happy to provide you with one at our costs of $5.00 each. We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming visit.
The Veranda will be taking extra measures to protect our patients and treat our patients during this time. We will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for information updates for Healthcare Professionals to remain up-to-date on the latest information available about the virus and their best practice recommendations.
The early symptoms of the Coronavirus are typical flu-like symptoms with body aches and lethargy. The virus attacks the lower respiratory tract so it produces a deeper cough and fever. Milder upper respiratory symptoms like runny nose and a sore throat are probably from seasonal allergies or more common cold viruses. If you have any of the symptoms of the virus, we will be requiring all patients to wear a mask at all times at The Veranda.
Patients with respiratory symptoms and fever will be evaluated in our outdoor clinic. You will be evaluated and based upon the findings of our provider, may be swabbed for the coronavirus.
Coming soon The Veranda will be providing laboratory draw station in a separate outdoor location. This will allow patients who have preferred a telemedicine visit complete their physician ordered labs in this open air setting.
When making an appointment, our phone staff will advise you more on this procedure.
Due to social distancing, now is the best time to schedule a telemedicine appointment at The Veranda. It's the perfect solution to meet with your doctor from the comfort of your home or office. All of our providers are signed up and ready to help you virtually with your medical needs.
From your desktop, phone, or tablet, you can have a one on one with our provider and avoid the waiting rooms and exam rooms all together. Telemedicine appointments are beneficial for those patients who are showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus. But, it’s also a great resource for patients with chronic conditions that need medical advice and don’t want to leave home. To schedule an appointment, call us today at 229-883-7010. You can also request an appointment online through the patient portal or mobile app.
Keeping sick and well kids separated is essential right now. Therefore, we will be offering special hours and special locations for the visits. Please see below and check our website for additional updates.
Monday – Thursday
- From 8:00 am to 10:45 am – Pediatrics will see Well Exams, ADD Follow-Ups, Vaccinations and any non-respiratory illnesses such as constipation, urinary tract infections, joint pains/injuries, abdominal pains etc. We will see these patients in the building in the Pediatric area .
- From 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm – Pediatrics will see all Respiratory illnesses outside under the covered parking pavilion.
- From 8:00 am to 11:30 am – Pediatrics will see only walk-ins and sick visits only. This includes respiratory and non-respiratory illnesses. These patients will be seen under the covered parking pavilion. No well visits on Friday.
- Any Walk-Ins during 8: am and 10:45 am (Monday – Thursday) that have non-respiratory illnesses will be seen by Pediatrics in the building in Pediatric area.
- Any Walk- ins that have Respiratory illnesses will be asked to come back to the office between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm to be evaluated under the covered parking pavilion.
For more information: